I thought it was about time I communicated with you and shared what I have in mind over the coming weeks. A couple of things… Firstly, those who have been following this blog for a few years will know that I used to hold blog interviews with some pretty inspirational people. It only occurred to me the other week that I haven’t done this since probably 2013. So, with that in mind I was thinking that maybe it was about time for me to go in search of a few inspirational peeps and stage a revival. I have a couple in mind already, one has agreed to guest and the other I haven’t asked yet (a minor detail!). So watch this space!
It also occurred to me that I have acquired a number of new followers since I published my first post back in 2011, so it would be a good idea to revisit my own story and add a few things that I’ve not written about before. Mainly because I am a shadow of the person I used to be and I know that I have been able to use my own experiences to help people. Those who have been following this blog for 18 months or less will not be aware of the dark place from which I emerged. I should also add that my chronic fatigue still continues to hamper me; hence my blog posts are not very regular, but I manage it the best I can and I’m always eternally grateful to my followers for their support.
I’m going to close this little preview by sharing with you some of the principles I try to live by that have helped me to change my life. I would like to emphasise that I am by no means a saint and do not always manage to live by these principles. However, I do my best and these days at least I know when I’m being a knob! Here goes.
- Never judge another person by what you can see on the surface.
- Never hold a grudge; it will poison your soul.
- Know that when you look at another person and see a fault, that the world is a mirror, and is simply reflecting back to you a fault in yourself.
- Recognise your own faults; recognition of them is half the battle. At least when you know you have a fault you can go about trying to change it.
- Never miss an opportunity to carry out an act of kindness.
- Avoid organised religion at all costs.
- Understand that you are the only one who can make changes in your life.
See you again soon!
Thanks a lot Richard for your valuable leads on improving oneself. Best wishes and love.
Thanks as always brother!